[NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Server Outage

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 12:14:59 EDT

This is just a quick note to everyone who has a Newted Community
account.

There has been a temporary service outage which affects both the web
server and Newted e-mail accounts. (Of course, if you use your Newted
e-mail address to receive these list messages, you won't see this
notice until after the outage has been fixed ... doh.)

Just to clarify, the problem is not with the server, it's the DSL
connection. In the process of upgrading my DSL to a faster service,
my telco (Telus) has somehow screwed up both the network connection
and my home phone service. Both have been down since late yesterday.
I have opened urgent trouble tickets with both my ISP and Telus, and
am currently waiting to hear back from them.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I will let you know of any change
in status as soon as more information is available.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson
Newted Community Handyman

newted.org