Re: [NTLK] notwen.com

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 11:37:21 EDT

Hello Ralph,

many people already received their unit of the Newton Usb Dongle, and
you'll
find some shots on flickr, as the one I happily discovered here:
<http://flickr.com/photos/35034349972@N01/703781463>

Regarding the delay, there two main causes:

1. Difficult to make. It's a very small item, maybe the smallest usb-
serial
adapter on the market. I cannot run an industrial production for
that, cause
it would raise its price per unit. After all the Newton remains a
niche market.
So I am making Newton Usb Dongles one by one. Consider it a collector
item,
as you won't find anyone else so mad to do such thing at same price.

2. Many packages are damaged by the foreigner customers, but what really
surprised me, is to discover that many other are stealed. While the same
thing happening for iPod accessories would make sense, instead it
seems that
there are much more Newton users than we could imagine out there, who
are
interested on buying the items from the foreigner customs.

As a result it happened that I had to ship the same unit two times
before
the buyer received it. If I would then ship the packages using
popular and
a bit more serious agencies like UPS and DHL, that would make
shipping cost
raise from $10 to $40.

I am working hard to make completely new accessories, using automated
processes
for the production. After having reduced such cost, I would then be
able to offer
also a more serious shipping service, eventually.

I am sorry for all these problems. I delivered more than a thousand
of Usb Dongles,
and have to admit that it has been not easy, and some times really
not fun.

Kind regards,

Adriano Angelillis
MessagePad Accessories