Re: [NTLK] Back in the Newton Fold

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 08:07:13 EDT

On Aug 30, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Albert wrote:

> Mathew Howe <mhowe@gfn.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
>>
>>> LOL! What's NCX again?
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> ) So I need to find a way to port just
>>> notes (text) back and forth from the Newton in the
>>> MacOSX world.
>>
>> Try Desktop. It dumps to a terminal app Wa the
>> serial port. On you could Wnite in your Notepad and
>> Email it to your Mac and then edit and forward.
>
> If you have one of the newer Intel Macs, have you
> considered using Parallels or Boot Camp and using a
> copy of Windows 98 and Newton Connection Utilities via
> Mr. Hanselman's technique for synching data?

Actually, Greg's first sentence contained his answer: Simon Bell's
NCX (Newton Connection for Mac OS X; <http://homepage.mac.com/
simonbell/connection/>). NCX doesn't yet support syncing with Mac OS
X, but it does support import & export of Notes, Names, and
NewtonWorks data.

It's easy, native, and fast, plus you can take your pick of
communications methods.

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com