Re: [NTLK] Back in the Newton Fold

From: Albert <albalabs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 11:50:04 EDT

It's just that the Newton somehow engenders such
affection either due to it's very unique interface
(Which has never been surpassed!) Handwriting
Recognition is all fine and good, but the interface
for Newton is just so comfortable to use. I wish that
Apple introduced this into some other product.
Because really it wasn't the HWR that made the Newton
special, it was the way you interacted with it that
did.

The only other Computer that I have the same fondness
for is my old Amiga 2000, which sadly I sold a few
years back. In my opinion, there are superior
computers out there now, but none multitasked or were
as exciting to me as the Amiga.

--- "Goodwin, Greg P." <GoodwinG@aafes.com> wrote:

> "rom: Steven Frank
>
> Damn it, damn it, every time I think I'm officially
> done with the
> Newton (except for recreational noodling), along
> comes a message like
> this one, and I'm just nodding my head in agreement,
> and reaching
> into the drawer to pull the lovable ol' brick back
> out.
>
> Hey, what's new with NCX these days? :)"

that gives answers, not web links.