Re: [NTLK] Back in the Newton Fold

From: Albert <albalabs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 13:28:51 EDT

We should add this category to the WikiWikiNewt..

I'm not sure if RSS Readers are included there. The
Newton would make a great News Device especially if
since MacinTalk could read it for us. It would make a
nice traveling companion during a long drive.

I'm not sure if there is a Text to Speech Reader on
Pocket PC, Palm or Smartphone equivalents :)

--- Matt Howe <matthowe@comcast.net> wrote:

> I used Raissa for awhile. It works fairly well.
> There are a number of
> readers out there. But as to how well they work, I
> have no idea. Hmmm,
> sounds like a good weekend project.
>
> Matt (Ducky) Howe
> Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
> mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
> http://santa-duck.dyndns.org (Newton server)
> matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
> http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)
>

> Albert wrote:
> <snip>
> Matt in response to what you have posted, I could
> have
> sworn there was an RSS Reader for the Newton. Can
> someone clarify? This would act in place of a
> service
> like Avantgo.
> <snip>
>
> --