Re: [NTLK] Returned to the Fold After 9 Years - Questions

From: Joel M. Sciamma <joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 11:53:21 EDT

Hi Mark, welcome back.

> Any recommendations for screen protectors?

I'm happier without one and none of my Newts have used them and all
are scratch free so far. Keep the screen and the nib clean and you
will benefit from better visibility and response.

> Think I'm getting there app-wise, but would be great to hear what
> are on your Top 10 (or even more...) List.

In no particular order, I really appreciate:

proCalcEx - RPN calculator like HP41 and 2Enter3 which uses HWR / Calx.
DateMan
Notion and NewtDB
VoiceNotes
NewtWiki
GeekSafe
Twerks
GestureLaunch / BarKeep
ScribeWorks / ProPoint
NotePadConverter
NewtPaint
DTMF settings
Find+
RollOver
HiLite2000 / PunctPad
SBM Utilities
Heaven or Hell
Soft Charge
Unlimited Folders
i++
OutlineStyles
NoteScroller

> Any other tips or advice for this ol' Newt user?

I have moved to using NiMH cells in a battery cage and charging
externally.

Serial connections are the least hassle.

Love using your Newt!

Joel.