Re: [NTLK] MoreInfo and At a Glance

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 12:24:09 EDT

On 8/15/2007 11:28 AM, Douglas Johnston wrote:

> Oh, I don't mind paying for good quality software. It was just that
> MoreInfo was perhaps a bit of a sledgehammer to my penny nail. ;-) As
> I continue my Newton usage, I might very well find a need for that
> sledgehammer.
>
> Thanks, folks, for your recommendations. I've been pleasantly
> surprised by both DateMan and TimeTrax, although I think I'll settle
> on the former for my needs.
>
> A curious thing: after my recent sync via NewtSync, the iCal
> appointments that were brought over from my MacBook Pro weren't
> readable or editable in either MoreInfo or Dates. They would only
> give an "integer expected error" when I clicked on them, which is a
> little odd, considering there was nothing at all unusual about any of
> the appointments -- most only had a title and a one-hour time range,
> and that was it. Even odder was that DateMan could read and edit the
> appointments. Hrm. Still some bugs to work out somewhere, methinks.

Yes
Dateman is very featured and customizable. The only thing I recall
Moreinfo having and dateman not was the ability to speak alarms. Also
the alarm system was much more full featured in general. Dateman only
uses the standard alarm system. You might want to try "alarmed and
dangerous" which is also by SAS. Though I prefer AlarmPak. Both are
great add on alarm packages and I would not want to use my Newt without
them, I still long for MI's way of handling the popup reminders. And
the voice reminder was great as well.

As for your sync issues. It probably has to do with the alarms you have
set since MI uses a different system for the reminders/alarms. I would
suggest if you open the items that are giving you trouble with Dateman
or Dates and change them slightly and back or leave them. This will
rewrite the alarms and should allow MI to view them properly.

-Dan