Re: [NTLK] MADnewton 404 error

From: Brendan Chenelle <u_bchenelle_at_umassd.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 14:41:44 EDT

This is the method that i used:

I clicked the link and allowed itunes to play. Then, I "got info" on the
currently playing stream. In the info, there is a "where" category that
gives the ip address and location of the stream. This is what I typed into
MADNewton. This is also the same address that LaunchPLS imports when
clicking the same link. The player still gives a 404 error.

There is one exception. Most streams I try to play are a bare IP addess.
One is xx.xx.xx.xx/playlist.pls. When I enter this into the player, it
does not give a 404 error like when I try to play streams with the
xx.xx.xx.xx/ format. It connects, downloads headers, and then doesnt do
anything else.

I am not really sure where to go from here. i am sure it is user error on
my part. I am very new to the Newton scene (though not with computer in
general). i appreciate all the help. If you want, you can send me the
address of a known working stream and I can try it out and let yo uknow
how it goes. Again, thanks for all your help! I am impressed especially
with the speed of your program. i can continue to use the internet with a
MP3 playing!