Re: [NTLK] Games For May

From: Gary Moody <gmoody_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 21:28:35 EDT

Hi James,

Okay, If you are looking for the Newtendo games, go here: http://web.archive.org/web/20040415153041/http://newtendo.n3.net/
and download the ROMS.ZIP file, which contains all of the Newtendo games.

As far as NewtQuake, this was a Newton Community April Fool's joke years ago (April Fool's "sucker" jokes have been a long tradition on the NTLK list). It had a very convincing website with downloadable .PKG files, development details and conversion utilities for .WAD files, beta tester comments, etc. Fooled a lot of folks (myself included). You could load the .PKG files but they did nothing except take up room on the Newton. The authors, buried on the website at the bottom of some page, stated that it was an April Fool's joke. Good one...got me, anyway...and a LOT of other people. There were help requests for MONTHS on the list from folks who couldn't get it to run. The gift that keeps on giving...

HTH

Regards,

Gary

-------- Original-Nachricht --------