Re: [NTLK] Newton reclassification

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 18:15:16 EDT

Steve Scotten wrote:
> Lord Groundhog wrote:
>> In the time it takes me
>> to do the 2-thumb tango to enter a name and phone number on my Sony Ericsson
>> and save it (the only data I bother with on the phone), I can scribble in a
>> new contact complete with name, phone number and address.
>>

> ARRRGH! I really must know how you people do it. I want the secret! I'm
> tired of being the only person on Earth whose handwriting the Newton
> won't recognize accurately.

you need to change your owner name, you see the apple engineers knew you
were coming and programmed the newton to instantly do everything to
irritate you ;-)

seriously is the recognizer that matches your handwriting turned on
(script if you write or print if that's what you do?)

did you go through the setup to select which characters look most like
yours?

and most importantly!!!!!!!
how consistent is your handwriting????

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.