[NTLK] eMate Keyboard Discovery

From: Adam Ladds <aladds_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 16:36:38 EDT

I was playing with WittyKeys on my eMate, and discovered an
interesting fact; as you may well know there are a number of keys on
the eMate which have no caps, they're just covered in plastic lumps.
Well The top 4 (which seperate the little groups of function keys)
are actually dead, as far as i can tell, but the 4 down the right
hand side, between power and the right arrow, are active, and seem to
be labelled F12 to F15, Of course, WittyKeys doesn't let you assign
functions directly to the keys, annoyingly, but they can be used as
command-F12 or whatever sequences, which is quite cool. I'm sure it
wouldn't be hard to write a program which listens for them to be
pressed and act, or possibly patch a system routine to do it?

I just thought it was interesting, I love finding out stuff like this :)

-Adam