Re: [NTLK] Newton reclassification

From: John Chu <johnchu_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 09:33:33 EDT

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 05:24:24AM -0700, Mark Harter wrote:
> To a point I agree with this; however and this is not intended to flame anyone. Is the reason some people are not considering the iPhone is simply because its not a Newton?

I'm not considering the iPhone because it doesn't do what I need it to
do. It doesn't have enough storage for my MP3s. It doesn't look like
it would work very well as a notebook. I'm also not in the market for
a cell phone right now.

I think the iPhone is too cool for words. So when I get around to
replacing my cell phone, I'd have to think about it. (However, I'd
have to change cell phone companies.) But unless its storage capacity
increases by at least an order of magnitude or it becomes usable as a
notebook, my cell phone is the only thing it would replace.

Like I said, I think the iPhone is too cool for words. I just don't
have any use for it. People who actually do the calendar, e-mail,
address book thing will probably love it.

The Nokia N800 is probably closer to a modern day successor. (However,
the poor handwriting recognition does it in for me. But looking at the
marketplace, hardwriting recognition doesn't seem to be a priority.)

                                        john
                                johnchu@acm.org