Re: [NTLK] Looking for an eMate Power Adapter

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 16:46:47 EDT

> Ack! Now I find out that the "clone" Newton
2x00
> Power Adapter I bought on eBay *doesn't* work on
> an eMate!!!!

If it doesn't work on an eMate, it is very
dangerous
to try it with a Newton 2x00 because the adapters
for
both are exactly identical, and both have a
tendency
to react quite angry if you try to power them with
supplies that don't match Apple's tight
specification
exactly. As opposed to what others suggested, I
would
strongly advise not to try ANY adapter, regulated
or not, other than the original Newton one. You
can
also use the 3.5 Watt adapter of the older Newton
models, it'll just take longer to charge the
battery.

But from what you describe (light staying orange),
I assume that there's also a problem with the
eMate's
battery. You might want to install NewtTest
(available in the software section of the site in
the signature) and let us know what it says in
the battery subtest.

Frank

-- Newton software and hardware at
http://www.pda-soft.de