Re: [NTLK] Too Much Power fault - question

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 19:09:47 EDT

Yes the original AC adapters are 7.5v and 9w. 9v will definitely blow a
Newt in short order. Some adapters are ok (if you know exactly what to
get, and how to set it to 7.5v and the right polarity). The best thing
though is to get a Newton AC adapter! It is not worth your Newts
health. Sadly it would seem that the person that sold this emate didn't
know what the original specs of the adapter were. Or misread that the 9
was 9v rather than 9w (which makes a HUGE difference)

-Dan