Re: [NTLK] Too Much Power fault - question

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 17:28:26 EDT

On 4/25/07, wolfgang.rumpf@mac.com <wolfgang.rumpf@mac.com> wrote:

> Well, so I'm not entirely sure I need an adapter. Here's what
> happens with the one I have:
> 1. Plug it in, light goes orange
> 2. Charges for a few moments
> 3. Error message comes up saying "too much power" blah blah blah,
> and under battery it says "FAULT" instead of charging.

it's a bad pack though you could try the methods others have posted about
whacking it or chililng them first... then charging them...

BUT - the light stays orange! And this *does* seem to supply power
> and charge (although I've taken to the plug/unplug/repeat method to
> make sure juice is going in). Is it possible that it is working fine
> since the light *is* orange?

This means it's not charging the pack when you get the fault error. It's
okay usually to run the eMate but if you're using a third party there is
the danger s Frank has advised many times of frying your Newton or eMate...

Better safe than sorry..

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung