Re: [NTLK] Newton reclassification

From: Rod <lavo_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 09:48:47 EDT

On 25/04/2007, at 8:04 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> ~~~ On 2007/04/25 11:42, Andrew Forrest at andyf@cwgsy.net wrote ~~~
>
>> Most say it's a PDA but it does more than that, a lot more.
>>
>> So I say that it is a pen/tablet computer. Esp. with the keyboard.
>

> Ah, the bliss of my ignorance! Somehow I've assumed the Newton is a
> "handheld computer with HWR". Unwieldy, I know, but once I saw the
> Newt in
> action, I couldn't think of it as just a PDA. I'm just sorry Apple
> didn't
> see the potential 10 years ago for the Newton to become at least
> the major
> part of the future of portable computing.
>
> Shalom.
> Christian

I think the term PDA got twisted by Palm and the likes. I still see
the Newt as a Personal Digital Assistant, in the way Sculley and the
original Newton dev team coined the term. It helps me keep track of
my day, communicate with the outside world and helps my find out what
is happening in that outside world. Just like an Assistant :-)

Seeya

Rod!