Re: [NTLK] Using NCU under Basilisk...

From: Tom Brand (T2) <thomasbrand_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 11:30:33 EDT

Almost all newer Ethernet network interface cards (NICs), switches
and hubs automatically apply an internal crossover when necessary.
This feature is known by various vendor-specific terms, e.g., Netgear
calls it Auto uplink and trade, and other common vendor terms include
Auto-MDI/MDI-X, Universal Cable Recognition and Auto Sensing. This
eliminates the need for crossover cables, obsoletes the uplink/normal
ports and manual selector switches found on many older hubs and
switches.

Thomas Brand (T2)
mynewtonblog.net