Re: [NTLK] MP 120

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 07:28:12 EDT

On 4/21/2007 8:55 PM, Brendan Chenelle wrote:
> I just revived a dead MP 120. It runs os 1.3, and is the 1 MB version.
> I have read many articles about upgrading to os 2.0. Some say I need a
> ROM daughter-card upgrade. There is also the 2.0 updater program from
> apple. What do I need to do to upgrade? Thanks!

As has been previously said, you need a ROM chip to replace it. Since
the OS is on a chip and not installed on rewritateble memory, you can't
"update" it as you can with many other OS's. Since these chips are hard
to come by (without gutting a current MP120 that is) I would suggest
either you get another MP120 with 2.0, a 130 (with more heap and a
backlight) or a 2100. I would suggest a 2100 unless you like the form
factor of the 120, in that case get a 130.

-Dan