Re: [NTLK] Battery

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 11:02:49 EDT

Well Tom,

You may be right... I dont recall there being specifics given so I assumed :(
In any case if it were the use of a Battery Tray (for MP2000) with
NiMH AA Cells then normally NO it would not charge it at all.

But if one were to have a Nodified Battery Tray they it would be YES,
and the answer would still be the same slower with the 7W compared to
the 9W which would charge it much faster.

See here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/sets/72057594079049821/

Both of my Rev A and Rev B Modified Battery Trays have been sold.
I haven't had time to build a replacement for myself yet... but soon...

God bless,
Sonny

On 4/20/07, Tom Brand (T2) <thomasbrand@mac.com> wrote:
> Except I think he is talking about third party separate NiMH
> batteries that will not charge in a 2000 battery tray without a
> modification to that tray.
> Thomas Brand (T2)
>

> On Apr 20, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:
>
> > On 4/20/07, jg <atcnn2@yahoo.se> wrote:
> >> Will AA NiMH rechargeable batteries charge when I use original Newton
> >> adapter?
> >

> > Hi John,
> >
> > Yes, the Rechargeable Battery Pack (NiMH) for the MP2000 can be
> > charged with
> > the original Newton Power Adapter (7W) although slower than the
> > newer (9W)
> > version.
> >
> > --
> > God bless,