Re: [NTLK] Palm LifeDrive

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 10:04:37 EDT

On Apr 13, 2007, at 3:14 PM, kevin_ondre@vermontel.net wrote:

> I never heard of the O2 orbit.
>
> I looked at it just now for a bit...being a phone, does it need a
> service
> contract to function? or will it operate and provide all the
> functions
> except for making phone calles if there isnt a service contract
> with it. I
> currently use unicel and That phone is not in their list of supported
> phones.

It is a GSM phone and works with any GSM phone card, assuming the
phone and card are both not locked to a service provider.

You can ask your provider if their network is GSM and if the card can
be used in any phone. If you you buy the phone on the free market
(not subsidized by your service provider) it will also be unlocked.
There are also unlocking services for $30 or so.

----
http://robowerk.com/