Re: [NTLK] Programming for the Newton?

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 01:06:35 EDT

At 04:20 PM 4/10/2007, you wrote:
>I'm starting to get an idea... but on Windows NTK, I'm having problems
>with the font on the layout tool not matching up very well. Is there any
>way to make it use a Newton-like font to make it easier?

I always had problems with this too. I don't remember any way other
than crash-and-burn (download and test). Getting stuff to fit in
buttons was especially a pain, even worse when you tried to
internationalize things, every language seems to use phrases that are
longer than english.

So, no, use preview for a hand drawn facsimile and then start
counting pixels (or use the ruler app) to get sizes and placement down.

Andrei