Re: [NTLK] Discovering that Newtons don't bounce...

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 17:50:04 EDT

~~~ On 2007/04/10 18:44, matthiasm at mm@matthiasm.com wrote ~~~

> On Apr 10, 2007, at 6:55 PM, Scott Welch wrote:
>
>> Frank does repairs actually, i hear shipping to Germany is very expensive
>> though..i know its super expensive to ship it from the States, but i don't
>> know if its expensive from Europe.
>
> Within Europe, you can use parcel post which should be between 4 and
> 12 Euros each way. From Germany will be 8.60 EUR, for example, and of
> course no silly customs declarations.
>
> ----
> http://robowerk.com/

...as good a time as any for me to say, Frank's work is meticulous and
reliable. I'm also in the UK (south of you -- alas! -- but at least my
wife is a good Scots woman) and I wouldn't want to be shipping to/from the
States for this kind of thing. Charges can be really unfriendly.

Considering Frank's level of expertise, the only real question is, when will
he have the time and how will you manage without your little green friend
till then? I can't think of any reason not to entrust your Newt to him for
some TLC and repair.

The shipping of just one Newton to Germany isn't all that bad once you get
over the shock; when I did it I had a complicated package, and even so, the
price was reasonable for what was being shipped.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl