Re: [NTLK] [ANN] new list dad: Grant Hutchinson

From: Michael Blazer <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 16:27:41 EDT

Normally I try to avoid "me too" posts, but I have to voice complete
agreement with Riccardo on both counts.

This list (and the whole lot of us Newton users) have been very lucky
indeed to have had Victor contributing so much over so long a time.
And Victor's list-parenting skills have been second to none. I think
on several occasions his tact and practical wisdom saved this list
from being overtaken by the kind of flame-wars that unfortunately
characterize so many other lists. He took care of troublemakers with
a very deft touch without being overly rigid about OT and other
"rules" (e.g., he never killed a poutine thread!), and he was always
kind to newbies and idiots like me. All this was combined with great
technical expertise and a photographic memory of the contents of UNNA!

And Grant - can't think of a better person to take over as list-dad!
Our lucky streak continues.

Michael