Re: [NTLK] Programming for the Newton?

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 13:29:46 EDT

At 05:44 PM 4/9/2007, you wrote:
>I wanna program my eMate, but I can't seem to find a good primer on it.
>I've got the developer's guide and such, but they don't really provide a
>good introduction to it. What does everyone here suggest?

There is always the manuals and all of the example code that Apple
generated in the mid to late '90s.

On the windows side there is a document called winntk16.pdf that has
a quick tour of the NTK. This file as well as the rest of the NTK is
available on UNNA in /apple/development/NTK/winntk/winntk161.exe .

On the Mac side (no I don't know which versions or compatibility
shells or processors) the distribution is available on UNNA in
/apple/development/NTK/macntk/NTKMac164b3.sit.hqx .

Look in http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/newton-faq-development.html
for a whole bunch of information on Newton development.

Most of all, just try it. Start small, get the tools going, ask questions.

Andrei