[NTLK] Discovering that Newtons don't bounce...

From: Gareth Jan Wells <garethjwells_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 10:24:46 EDT

Hello Newtoneers

Unfortunately I have had something of a Newton disaster this afternoon
having knocked my MP120 off a table and cracked the screen. I'm torn
between doing the 'green thing' and making repairs on something that
works (apart from the big web of cracks in the screen) or taking the
'hard-headed but financially sensible' approach and buying a replacement
(my Newt cost all of £22.00 on eBay).

1) Could anyone advise on a 'reasonable/likely' price for a replacement
screen?

2) Following on from that, do any European Newtoneers know of a source
of spare parts or am I looking at getting stuff from the US? (I live in
the UK, Edinburgh actually).

3) Finally, do any European Newtoneers carry out repairs? Having read
the instructions on Frank Gruendel's website I'm not exactly filled with
joy at the prospect of having to disassemble my Newton. Ordinarily I'm
game when it comes to taking things to bits but...

Any advice would be welcomed.

Yours aye

Gareth Wells

--