[NTLK] PCB Scanning...

From: R. E. Young <russell.e.m.young_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 21:59:01 EDT

As my latest Messagepad 2100 motherboard is now dead, I was thinking
of having the chip desoldered and the board professionally scanned,
and producing a Gerber file of it. I was just wondering if this has
been done, or if anyone has any advice for doing this?

I figure if a bunch of people, myself included, does this to each pcb
component, then there is potential for an individual to download said
files and have the chip made up themselves, assembled, and such. In
essence, keeping this wonderful piece of abandonware alive and
well....