Re: [NTLK] Another article critical of the Newton

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 22:04:06 EDT

On 4/6/2007 9:39 PM, William Pociengel wrote:

> lets see preemptive multi tasking (years before anything else),
> 'virtualised' windows ;-), object oriented and on and on and on. I just
> finally turned off my os/2 firewall after almost 10 straight YEARS of
> operation and not I'm ready to rebuild it and put it back in service as
> it's much less prone to getting whacked than anything on windows or
> linux at this point.

Yes security through obscurity. Sometimes it is better than anything
else. When your security is old or unusual enough it actually becomes
more secure just because people have not seen it before (again because
it is old and possibly "before their time". Not that I am saying OS/2
is full of holes, but all software has holes of some sort (though the
older software generally has less due to be less complex). It is just a
matter of the hackers finding them and exploiting them.

-Dan