Re: [NTLK] Print Pack

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 10:12:13 EDT

On 9/28/06, Dan <dan@dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:
> Yes there is a chip in there to download the driver package to your
> Newt. I don't know if there is more than that with the cable itself (if
> it does conversion etc). I have heard of the cables that Jon spoke of
> and that they do work, except they won't install the drivers on your
> Newt. But you just install the drivers by normal means (they are on
> UNNA) and the cable will work fine.

Yeah,

IIRC the Print Pack Version 1.0 has the Chip built-in and auto
installs if it doesn't find the software on your Newton. However Print
Pack Version 2.0 had the software on disk which one had to install
manually. If the Print Pack Version 1.0 in used with a Newton that
already has even the Version 2.0 Drivers installed it will not attempt
to install the drivers. This means you can use the Version 2.0 Drivers
with any of these cables then...

Hopefully my grey cells have not deteriorated to badly and I've not
mis-interpreted anything I heard from the past or mis-understood prior
posts about this topic...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung