Re: [NTLK] DJ mixing on Newt needed

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 23:27:52 EDT

No. The Newton uses linear cards which are a storage media that is incompatible
with SD memory cards. Paul's ATA driver solves the problem. However, partial
and full back up's are not supported. Since his limited resources now appear to
be focused on Einstein development it looks unlikely that this feature will ever
be implemented. Notwithstanding this, the driver provides access to cheap and
readily available storage media.

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand
[ snip]
Could I buy a PCMCIA adapter for SD cards, plug in a 256 mb SD card, plug it
into my eMate, and have it work right away without drivers?

--
Colin
[snip]