[NTLK] PC Card Fit

From: Don V. Zahniser <irntooth_at_eznet.net>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 08:21:01 EDT

I remember reading on the list of someone who had a PC card that wouldn't
physically insert in his/her MessagePad. I don't remember the nature of
the replies, but I just had a similar experience that I thought I should
share:

I just obtained a very nice MP2100 with several cards through Ebay. One
card is a 3Com Megahertz LAN card. When I tried to insert it into the
MP2100, it 'hit bottom' about 4mm before it was completely inserted. I
had already inserted other cards into the same slot without problems.
Upon critically examining the socket end of the card, I noted that the
plastic socket material extended noticeably (but less than 1mm) past the
metal top and bottom shields.

A couple of quick passes with a sharp knife to trim the plastic flush
with the metal shields, and the card inserts cleanly.

 - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser