[NTLK] NewtSync sudden failure

From: <Jgwdoc_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 17:20:14 EDT

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:29:42 -0700
From: "Nowhere Man" <nowhereman77@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Sudden NewtSync failure
the most likely culprit is the last record in the sync log (Henry
Lorkiewicz). it seems to differ from the other records in that its
"notes" field has two "text" items, the second of which contains just
a backslash. that secons "text" item might be what is confusing
NewtSync. i dont remember off the top of my head how (or if) NewtSync
handles this situation.

Well nowhereman, God bless you, you were absolutely right. A random
backslash left hanging in the middle of the Lorkiewicz "Name" note (probably a stylus
graze incident) caused the problem---now happily cured. I'm really glad,
'cause I'm just about to get a MacPro, and I was hoping to use NewtSync for most
of my backups. Thanks very much for your help.
Joseph G. Wiedermann MD (jgwdoc@aol.com)