Re: [NTLK] Sudden NewtSync failure

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 10:39:58 EDT

Joseph,

I'm no expert, but I had a similar problem with the Notes and Outliner
plugins a few years back. NewtSync uses certain characters in a
special syntax to send the notes back and forth, and one of the
characters you used in whatever note the plugin is hanging on is
likely a "reserved" character that means something to NewtSync. So
instead of seeing this character as something you've entered, it
thinks it is reaching the end of an entry or something and then
doesn't find what it expects to see after that because there is more
of your note. As a result, it freaks out and crashes. Does that make
sense?

I suppose your strategy would be to find the character and change it
on the Newt. That should clear it up.

Good luck.

P.S. In the future, don't send that error log over the list, since
your patients' information is all in there unencoded.

-Matthew Reidsma
Boston, MA, U.S.A