Re: [NTLK] Contrast weirdness...

From: Don Zahniser <irntooth_at_eznet.net>
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 11:30:47 EDT

On Sep 14, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Cerebus wrote:

> I *just* turned my MP2100 back on, and the contrast was *very* dark.
> When I checked Extras, the slider hadn't moved. Now when I set the
> contrast all the way down, the screen doesn't blank like it used to
> do.
>
> Is this indicative of a problem, or was there previously a problem
> that is now spontaneously fixed? :)

Two things come to my mind:

1) The contrast of the MessagePad screen is temperature-sensitive. If
you did not have it at room temperature prior to turning it on, wait
awhile for it to equilibrate before worrying or taking other action.

2) You may have inadvertently reset the contrast center point by
double-tapping the word 'Contrast' in the Extras drawer. Not likely,
because presumably you would have noticed the warning message that pops
up and requires acknowledgment.

  - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser