Re: [NTLK] Modern Newton Book Tools?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 09:51:42 EDT

On 9/13/2006 9:13 AM, Victor Rehorst wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>> There is also a creation tool on UNNA
>> where you just give the URL and it creates a Paperback book that is sent
>> to you. Not sure if it still works, but it did last I knew.
>
> Yes it does still work. It also uses an improved template application, as
> the original PaperBack doesn't implement a lot of the features you just
> mentioned:
>
> http://misato.chuma.org/paperback/

Hi Victor,
I figured it probably did but I haven't used it or heard it mentioned in
a while so I was not sure. As for features, I didn't realize it was any
different than the Paperback 2.0 for windows app. But comparing I see
it does allow for the use of one more default font and text encoding.
Everything else seems to be the same (I just did a side by side
comparison). Also I forgot that you can double click the app, set the
text file you want to convert, and then the settings dialog comes up.
As I said I didn't use it much myself so forgot that tidbit. Also there
does seem to be a option in the Paperback app for "rewrap paragraphs
automatically" that I don't see in the online version and you there is a
option to add text to the "about-box text" as well. Neither are that
important but I thought I would mention it as long as I was comparing
the two. :)

-Dan