[NTLK] problems with PCMCIA cards

From: Tony Mara <tony.mara_at_maranet.ca>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 22:54:33 EDT

Hi,

I am a new Newton user (2100). I am trying to get my Newton ethernet
network/internet enabled. I have acquired a Lucent WaveLAN Gold
wireless PCMCIA card. I believe I have loaded all of the packages
required, including the WaveLAN compatible driver from Hiroshi Noguchi.

When I plug the wireless card in to my Newton (in either of the card
slots) I get the following error message: "There is a problem with
this card. Newton can recognize this type of card".

Is anyone able to provide some guidance if this error indicates a
problem with the specific card, the ports or something else which can
be resolved?

Thanks for your help

Tony