Re: [NTLK] Disassembly tips [Was "Re: Changing motherboard"]

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 10:38:35 EDT

On 9/5/06, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing: what do you mean when you write, "However, some of those plugs
> can use some help with a jeweler's screwdriver"? Personally, I tend to
> avoid anything that involves a prying action, especially with a metal
> implement.

When you get to it, you will understand, but some plugs have "wings"
that have to be pulled. It's hard for me to describe with words, but
sometimes, it's difficult to get a fingernail to pull them loose (and
I don't like pulling the wires), so I use a very fine jeweler's
screwdriver. And it helps in the reverse, too. BTW, it's not so much
"prying" as it is simply pushing with the tip. No prying, and no
danger. And the same pushing sometimes helps with plugs that don't
have those wings. It's more for the leverage than anything. But like I
said, when you see these things, you will understand what I mean...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland