[NTLK] Beaming copy-protected packages

From: Andrew Petrov <carlylegroup_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 02:01:21 EDT

I'd like to transfer the newton internet enabler packages from one
newton to an other via IRDA. But unfortunately, when I try to do so,
I get a message saying that the packages I want to transfer are copy
protected. Does anyone know how to get around this?

I'd like to thank everyone for all the help you've given me over the
last couple of days. It seems both my ethernet and my bluetooth cards
are incompatible with current newton drivers and software.
Fortunately, though, I've gotten my wifi card to work!

I've got two newton devices - an emate (onto which I can install
packages via serial) and a messagepad 2100 (onto which I can beam
packages from my emate). The wireless card works on the emate, but
not on the 2100, since I can't manage get the NIE drivers onto the
2100 by beaming them (They're copy-protected). Aside from receiving
packages from the emate, the 2100 is bootstrapped. Does anyone know
how I can get the NIE packages onto my 2100?

Thanks again fro the help.