Re: [NTLK] Please Help with bluetooth

From: David Nye <davidgn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 03:18:07 EDT

On 9/2/06, Andrew Petrov <carlylegroup@mac.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get bluetooth to work on my Newton 2100 with an Ambicon
> BT2000D-CF bluetooth card. I've installed all four necessary
> packages. The newton tells me a com. card has been inserted when I
> try to used the PC card. I've tried every possible combination of
> position, driver, and speed but when I try to test the card in the
> bluetooth setup utility, I get a message saying either that there is
> no card or a -16022 error. If anyone could help me I'd really
> appreciate it.
>
> Hello Andrew
You're not alone -- several others including myself have had this problem.
While it's true that the purple antennas (rather than the black) are
supposed to be the Blunt-compatible type, there seems to be variation among
the purples as well -- some simply won't work. Unfortunately, there seems to
be no easy solution besides trying another card. See the "Which Bluetooth
Card?" thread for more info. Sorry about the bad luck.

David Nye
Undergraduate, The College, University of Chicago