Re: [NTLK] Illiad: New hardware platform?

From: Cerebus <cerebus2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 12:18:17 EDT

On 9/1/06, Karel Jansens <kareljansens@tiscalinet.be> wrote:

> The Nokia 770: 220 dpi in pearly colour, 800x480. I've spent a couple of
> days reading books on it in bed (hospital, not lazy bugger) and it
> really /is/ like reading paper.

> I love my Newts and I'll never ever sell them, but this li'l chump is
> magnificent.

Yeah, I love my 770 too.

I also love my 17" PowerBook, but I've gotten tired of lugging it
around, and it's impossible to use on the plane unless I'm traveling
business class (a rarity). When my company upgrade time rolls around
I'm seriously considering a MacBook rather than a Pro just for the
smaller size.

In the meantime, I've cut my "travel computing kit" to four devices:
iPod video, Nokia 770, Newton MP2100, and my Nintendo DS Lite. That
covers music & movies, web browsing/email/VoIP, work functions
(meeting notes and light writing), and gaming. I pack a WAP in the
checked luggage along with the various chargers, and I'm ready for
anything.

The big plusses are the extra battery life resulting from diving
functions among multiple devices, and the fact that all of them
together are easier to carry than the 17" PB alone.

-- Tim