Re: [NTLK] flat batteries?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 07:30:19 EST

On 10/31/06, Adam Goddard <pashosh@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> On 31/10/2006, at 5:31 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Aaron Eiche wrote:
> >> Flat batteries that have the same output/specs of regular, round AAs
> > Maybe send us a link to these, and I bet you'll get some opinion ;~)
> gumstick cells, common in compact disc/minidisc walkmans). The highest
> NiMH capacities you can get these in will always be less than what you
> can get a cylindrical AA in, due to the physical volume of the cells.
> Therefore it's not as viable an option.

Well, let me chime in... if you are considering using them the main
consideration 1) is the capacity, right?
What capacity are they up to now?
IMO if they were at least comparable to the original Rechargeable
Packs then it would be a reasonable starting point for some, maybe not
for you Adam...

2) What aer their dimensions? this could prove much easier to re-cell
if they take up less space.... the newer capacities of AA NiMH have a
larger diameter and cause issues when re-sealing them...

3) What are their weight? if they are lighter then I'd say this is a
definite benefit as even the 2400mAh AA NiMH are heavy...and if you
consider the newer 2700mAh then it's going to be even more...

Just some thoughts...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung