[NTLK] Corrupt Notes

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 16:40:04 EST

So...I have discovered that my internal Notes soup is corrupt. Am I completly hosed now? Is there a way of recovering this?

  It turns out that all my backups for the last month or two have not backed up the notes soup either!
  So, I'm hosed!
  I was thinking that I can use TrashPack to move the notes soup to a card, then reboot the Newt without the card to regenerate the notes soup on the internal then move the notes soup back to the internal from the card...will that do anything? Will I be hosing stuff more than they are? I've never moved a soup before, so what gotcha's am I looking at?
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.

In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.

 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum