Re: [NTLK] severed backlight wire... replacement?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 16:51:29 EST

I would splice new lengths of wire to the existing ones but re-cut so
the splices are in the display housing where there is more room and
less chance of rubbing as it is opened and closed.
while I suspect that it was a user that poked something into it, it
could have been improperly installed in the first place and passed
through the grounding spring on that side of the case.

Glad to hear that the crumb theory is correct.

If you are doing several eMates, put the best displays and backlights
in the quietest units. The backlight hum can be really bad.

Woody