Re: [NTLK] Rent a coder?

From: Matt Emson <memsom_at_interalpha.co.uk>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 13:06:05 EDT

> I don't think one of those will do you much good. They only have
> serial and ADB, and were huge and clunk! And I doubt the battery would
> be any good any more either! You would be better off with a new
> MacBook Pro! ;-) (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Heh ;-) The ideal machine would be a MacBook (as I already have a Dell
Latitude C610 and want something light and small), but it might end up being
a used iBook or possibly Powerbook if MacBooks don't improve in quality :-/
Leopard is the catalyst for me. If I have enogh to buy a used iBook and
Leopard turns out to be less than promised, I'll buy an iBook and a copy of
Tiger (if not already with it.) The pull of the MacBook is INTEL though.
Being a Windows programmer, I would like to be able to run Windows without
resorting to virtual PC etc.

On a dock note - so as not to make this too off topic, I'l look at the
beginnings of the app over the weekend. However, I'll probably have a hard
time finding a lot of time over in the short term as my youngest daughter
has an operation coming up in just over a week. If I can get the basics
running, it'll be a start anyway ;-)

Matt