Re: [NTLK] App cleanup? Possible?

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 10:27:19 EDT

Javier Monllor wrote:
> I've been playing with Newton IM so much that now, all the drop down
> lists are populated with tons of servers, login names and other
> stuff. Now that I have it working, I'd like to clean it up so that
> only relevant information that I use everyday shows up.
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can erase all that old information? I used
> SAI Prefs Cleaner but that didn't work. I tried going into the
> Storage section in Extras but there was no indication of anything
> there for NIM.

It's probably stored as one or more entries in the System Soup then. You can
blow it ALL away by using TrashPak to toast the appropriate entry:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/TrashPak

Or, you'll need a good system soup editor (I used to use SBM Utils, other
people have other favs) to edit the Newton IM System Soup entry manually.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org