Re: [NTLK] Newton IM help

From: Javier Monllor <jmonll2_at_uic.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 12:36:32 EDT

hallelujah !!!!!!

Ok, after hours of trying to get this to work, I realized I was
making the stupidest mistake ever. Normally, I'd be a little ashamed
to admit this but I don't want others in the list to make the same
mistake.

It so happens that when one logs in to a jabber server using Psi,
the client requires the login to include the server name. Example:
login@jabberserver.com. So, when I was going into NIM, I would do the
same thing and that's why I kept getting "Authentication error"
messages. In NIM, you only enter the "login" part and not the
"@jabberserver.com" part, that goes in the Server section. This might
seem obvious, but it wasn't to me when moving from Psi to NIM.

Now, I've tried many jabber servers and recommend njs.netlab.cz. It
has been functioning for a long time and has tons of services
including aim, msn and yahoo.

netmindz - won't let me register for the msn and aim services.
myjabber.net - only has msn, no aim.