Re: [NTLK] BT automator action

From: Tony Giunta <axg4903_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 10:32:05 EDT

Steve,

I've actually made two Automator workflows that take advantage of
this for my Newton, although I must say I never thought of creating a
Finder action. If people don't feel comfortable messing with
Automator, I offer them to the community. They're at http://
macolyte.net/files/NewtonBT.zip.

The zip archive contains two Automator workflows: BTopenSend and
BTdropSend. In order to get them up and running, extract them from
the archive, double click on the workflow [this opens Automator] and
do a Save As...Application. I would have put the Applications in
the archive, but I'm on a MacBook Pro and an Application created on
an Intel Mac won't work on a PPC Mac [at least it didn't when I tried
it on my wife's PowerBook].

Usage of the two apps is pretty straightforward. For BTopenSend, you
double click on the icon, it opens an Open File dialogue, you select
your files, and go. BTdropSend works more like a droplet; drag the
file(s) onto the icon and go. I personally use BTdropSend much more
than BTopenSend, but it was an easy derivation and I thought it would
be nice to have. Hope someone finds them useful.

<tony />

http://macolyte.net

If you're running Windows, its not my fault, stop asking me to fix it.