[NTLK] Battery re-cell service?

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 07:49:50 EDT

Hey guys,

Does anybody know of someone or someplace that would re-cell a Newton
2000 battery back for me?

I got my Newton about 18 months ago and since then I've been using my
own hack job to power the newton. I cut the original battery pack
open (following the instructions at http://www.pda-soft.de) and put
some cheap rechargeable batteries in. They worked, but the amount of
current the Newton supplied was too much and the batteries would
never fully charge. So for the past several months I have been
removing the batteries from the tray and charging them in a wall
charger then putting them back in the tray. Everything was working
great until yesterday. I went to put the second battery in and I some
how shorted it out. The battery got hot and melted a hole through the
tray. So now I guess I need to buy a new tray. I was looking at
getting a defective tray at J&K Sales INC for $8.00 and paying for it
to be re-celled. I would like to get rid of this headache of
batteries and charging once and for all.

Any help would be appreciated,
Tony