[NTLK] pdf -> rtf -> newton book via free conversion service

From: toby <tksinats_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun Oct 08 2006 - 00:51:41 EDT

I came across this site: http://media-convert.com/ (link from
digg.com or reddit.com or ? I don't remember exactly).

They convert files (video, audio, text) for free up to 50 megs (they
likely charge for bigger files, I never looked any further at their
site). For pdf conversion this limit seems ok; I tried a pdf and it
was converted to an rtf.

I suppose the next step would be to use that source to create a
newton book.

This is not a fast way to get pdf into the newton like a pdf reader,
but it is free (within the 50 meg limit above) and seems to work
pretty well (I didn't try a pdf with pictures though). They convert a
large number of video, audio and text formats, so other sources (MS
Word, etc) could also be experimented with.

So I'm going to try some other documents but I thought others on the
list might be interested as well.

Toby