Re: [NTLK] Powerbook Pen Tablet

From: Michael C. Wittmann <mwittmann_at_maine.edu>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 09:20:01 EDT

On 2006.Oct.6, at 7:53 AM, MJT wrote:

> I have just finished converting a PB 12 inch 1.33GHz into a Pen
> Tablet.

Whoah! Wow! Neat! Details!

I have thought of doing this for YEARS and now have access to an old
iBook that could be converted relatively easily. I don't need speed,
I need portability. Oh, and I never have written well in cursive, so
Ink sounds just fine to me. Man, to have Ink on OS X, on a tablet?
I've been dreaming of this for years.

Where did you buy the touch screen, how much was it, and how did you
convert the screen appropriately? How did you use the USB port, from
the inside or via an outside cable? Did you cut through the lid to do
the work, or did you come up with some other solution?

If you don't want to reply on list, please off list with as much
detail as possible. This conversion would be totally wonderful to
know more about. Thanks!

Michael Wittmann