Re: [NTLK] Making of the Newton

From: Matt Emson <memsom_at_interalpha.co.uk>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 07:45:41 EDT

> Does anyone know a good site with a detailed history of the making of
> the Newton?

It's a shame that Andy Hertzfield's site on the original Mac (
http://www.folklore.org ) doesn't include a Newton section too. Maybe he
still see's the Newton as a competitor? ;-) Maybe someone could approach
him?

http://apple.computerhistory.org/ also seems to have very little (from my
brief look) on the Newton.

Not exactly help, more a joint sigh. I'd be interested if anything turns up!

The book "Apple Confidential" has a section about the Newton. Nothing
groand breaking though, and a few facts seem to be a little vague or at the
very least confused in the pre press proof I read a while back. Might be
better in the print book though.